Friday, March 25, 2011


Wow, I've been away from my posting because I just was too tired to keep going. I'll try to catch up about the days that I've missed between my last "reports" and now.

This morning we (Stuart, me and our guides. Lea stayed back and rested) were up and out at 6:30am to go to Deepor Bill which is a wetlands/fresh water lake just outside of town. It is also home of at least one of the city's garbage dumps. The dump actually serves an unusual (to me, at least) purpose. It is the feeding ground to an amazing number of Adjunct Storks. Because of this dump the numbers of this endangered bird is increasing. It is the home of the world's largest population of these swans. (And from my experience, the home of some of the world's most horrible odors!!) These storks are not as big as the Jabaru we saw in the Amazon areas, but they are about 5 feet tall. I'll post a photo of one with this.

In a few minutes we'll be off to a small island in the Brahmaputra that is home to an old Temple and some monkeys that I think they said are the Langur monkeys. Then we'll be back for dinner and bed.

I'll try to add some of the missing days' info before I go to bed tonight. I can't wait to share this wonderful country with more of my loved ones. I just love it here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment